Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Spring Break= No road trip=(

Well last week I was on a much needed Spring Break. I was a bad mommy, the kiddos went to school all but one day. Mommy and Daddy spent some much needed quality time together. The week started out with beautiful weather and of course ended not so great. Our list was full of honey-dos, however we didn't get much accomplished.
Monday we looked for furniture and cell phones. We came home with neither. I want to switch to cingular- I want an iphone!!!- but I will have to wait until July. Then we went to dinner with my long lost friend Chris. It was so good to see him, even though it was short lived. I got to see my friend/ old boss, John too. Then it was off to the airport to drop of Chris and pick up my parents.
Tuesday was a lazy day. We stayed in bed catching up on dvr and sleep. Then Shaun was off for crawfish and beer with the boys for Jason's birthday. Wednesday we decided to go and catch a movie at an actual movie theater. A very rare treat. I really wanted to see He Just Not That In To You, but we saw Watchmen instead. It was AWFUL! Do not waste your time or money. Thursday was when the fun began. For Christmas Shaun and my mom both got me a Gould's Day Spa gift certificate. So on a cold and rainy day I was off to spend four fabulous hours being pampered. All while daddy was home taking care of the kiddos. My massage, facial, and mani/pedi were sublime. I did not want to leave! Friday morning I was back at the salon to get my hair done. I am telling you this is the life. It was great to see Jennifer, my hair stylist. She does a fantastic job and always amuses me with her wedding planning saga. Friday afternoon Shaun and I went to get all the food for his 30th birthday party and then planned to go home and watch the game. With a car full from Sam's and a basket full at Walmart, we received a phone call that we could go to the game. So the race was on to go home and drop off the groceries, drive to Shelby Forrest to get the tickets, and make it to the Forum. Did we do all that in an hour? You betcha! Shaun about killed us driving like a crazy man (he promised me we would be safe). I worked really hard to not throw up everywhere, while our fine Memphis drivers looked at us like we were nuts. We arrived and entered the Forum with the score 0-2. We enjoyed an awesome game, watching our Memphis Tigers show everyone how a basketball team should play. The highlight of the game was when Chance and Preston got to play too=) It was a great week with an even better weekend.

No comments: