Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Someone to Love

Are you someone who always puts others first? Ask others what they want to eat when you have a craving? Which movie to see? How does this look? I am. I always thought that this was a good trait to have. I am loving, compassionate, giving, and would give up my life for those I love the most. I hate to see others hurt. I want to fix their problems.

I just turned 29 and although I am not one of those afraid to turn 30 (I believe life is a journey and every day I have is am lucky to live) I do not want to go into 30 like I did 29. So with some deep soul searching and extremely tough love from the Mr. I am going to do something for me.

Things I want to change:

Always putting others first.
My weight.
Getting the job I want.
More time with my girlfriends.
Better Spirituality.
A passionate marriage.

I feel like all of these things have to do with my weight. I have totally let myself go. I do not exercise, eat right, and the tv is my idea of relaxing and time for myself. So in order to make myself get off of my butt I need accountability. I am not quite ready to share my starting weight. It is embarrassing and has kept me from going to the doctor. I do not want anyone to know how bad I have let myself get. So I will start with this:
tops: XL and XXL
pants: 16-18
panties: granny
bra: as big as my head

goals:
run

All the runners I know look fabulous. They have endurance and energy that I envy. I however, loathe running. I always have. How do people get in the zone and run forever. I mean really marathons. OMG. I have walked 5k's and even jogged a little of the way. Running not so much. I know I have it in me. And the worst is my husband can run forever and I am a baby just going for a walk. I need to push myself. I need to eat right. I know I am rambling but I need people to know.

My commitment is to do couch to 5K. You know where I run it, not walk. It is a 9 week program. In 9 weeks, I want to lose 30 pounds. That is a lot, but it wasn't too long ago that I was 30 pounds lighter. Time is on my side. I am young.

So this brings me back to putting others first. My kids and my husband will have to fend for themselves. I will lock the door and get my fat butt on the treadmill. When I build a little endurance I will begin the 30 day shred. This time for more than 2 days.

I will weigh myself weekly and share any loss on my blog. At the end of 9 weeks I will share my weight even if I do not lose the 30 lbs. If I lose the 30lbs before I will share my weight then too. It it definitely not my goal weight. But one I am not terrified to share.

I would love suggestions for healthy "easy to prepare" dinners, lunches, and such.

I NEED HELP. I know I have the most amazing friends in the world.

I can do this. I can do this. I can do this!!!

4 comments:

Brianna Parker said...

You can do this!!!! Awesome post! And if you need me to call you everyday and yell at you nicely let me know. :)

Jen said...

Thanks Brianna! Day one accomplished. 30 minutes of couch to 5k.

Food 1 piece of whole grain toast and peanut butter.
Lunch 1/2. Chicken and cheese panini and a small chef salad with balsamic vinagrette
dinner going out for Mexican (I'll try to be good)

water 42oz

Roo said...

girl you can do this!!!!!!
I have the Weight Watchers Cookbook if you'd like to borrow it!! Yummy, easy to make food that is of course low fat!
YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Leslie said...

You can do it!