Monday, July 12, 2010

5 Weeks in...

So I am 5 weeks in to my new lifestyle. Trying to eat better and exercise. If I am being honest with myself, I KNOW I can do better. I have definitely decreased my calorie intake and stopped eating out of boredom. I do not think I am eating near enough or as often as I should. I know I am not drinking enough water and I have got to improve. I have stuck with my couch to 5k and if I skipped a day, I made it up the next day. 30 minutes of exercise every other day is not enough to yield the results that I want. Today, I have put off running. Today is day 3 of week 5 and I am supposed to run 20 minutes without stopping!! What!?! I am scared!! Day 3 of week 5 kicked my butt and I am not sure I can move up. I am going to try. It just may be tomorrow =)!

I know I should be proud of any weight loss and 8 pounds in a month is good! I will not reach my goal of 30 pounds (it was a little ambitious) I will keep trucking along.

I need to add in more cardio, some strength training, and toning. Leslie is kicking butt and is an inspiration for what I should be doing. I have also been reading Erin's blog and wow!! I hope one day I can experience her results.

1 comment:

Lizarita said...

#1-I LOVE that you said "lifestyle" and not diet.
#2-Unless you are Jillian Michaels, you will ALWAYS be able to do better. But we are REAL people with REAL lives. I am POSITIVE that you are doing your best so keep it up! But DO increase your water!
#3-DO NOT be scared! You can do this! One pound lost is less than you weighed last week so be PROUD of that. It may take some time but it will be worth it!!
#4-Don't worry about Leslie or Erin. Move at YOUR pace. You WILL experience thier results...IN YOUR OWN TIME!
#5-Know that I love you and I love your family and if there is ANYTHING I can do to help, you know where to find me! xoxoxo
Liz