Saturday, April 18, 2009

Easter 2009

Like most families, the holidays are always super busy. Shaun and I have big families so we have to make our rounds.=) It is a lot of work but we enjoy visiting our families.

On Thursday, my mom stopped by and brought us some Easter goodies. The kids were happy to see her and I was too. Mom doesn't stop by often so it was a nice treat.

With Shaun's job I often have to travel alone. This is my least favorite part of his job. However, it is the way it goes and I have to deal with it. On Saturday we went to Halls, TN for his families Easter festivities. There were a lot of children and they had fun playing and hunting eggs. I rode up with Shaun's brother and before we left he washed my car! I am a lucky girl. When we came home the kids and I dyed our Easter eggs. We had a lot of fun. They were both tuckered out from their busy day and quick to go to bed (since the EB won't come when you are awake)

On Easter Sunday, Shaun came home but we did not make it to church because he had a busy night on the unit the night before. I was a little disappointed but church is anywhere people gather and share the love of Jesus, so we had that part covered. We had a lazy morning and watched the kids new movies that the Easter bunny left them. Then it was off to my aunt's house. It was nice to see the family, I just wish there were some kids for Lily and Liam to play with. I hope everyone enjoyed their holiday!

No comments: